Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A* Gloves from Hong Kong..

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by alex92, May 22, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpi...em&pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item4aa17a4b21

I asked this guy if the gloves are genuine and he assured me that they come from the same factory. This is what he said:

Very cheap. Looks too good to be true but Astars are made in china so it does make sense. Plus they look exactly the same to me and the guy has 100% positive feedback so what do you guys reckon?

Could always give them a go and if they're no good the guy said he takes returns. All I would lose is shipping.

The only thing that looks a bit dodgy is the tag on it. Can anyone check the tag on their Astars glove and see if the logo looks the same and everything?..

Cheers

2. I saw a thread somewhere on a forum about A stars knockoffs being passed off as the real thing

it showed pics of the knock offs against a real astar glove and you could see it was a copy

3.  Top
  4. Hey Mate, I have a pair of GP Plus gloves I bought here and the logo on the tag is the same dodgy looking stitching....But the white tag under the logo one is different but that could be just cause they are a different style glove.....Hope that help's....

5. I think the main thing is (correct me if im wrong) there arnt any copyright laws that stop them producing fakes with the same names as the real deal over there. So thats why people usually associate china = fake stuff.... Even though most of our stuff is originally made from china cause its cheaper to manufacture... but thats a different story :p

6. Ladies and Gents,

I have lived in Hong Kong for the past 8 years, whilst visiting Asian cities throughout during this time.
    Make no mistake - copies of everything are available everywhere ! It is illegal for them to do so, but it doesn't stop them.
    Sham Shui Po, one fantastic district of Hong Kong, offers many copies of items for sale, in street, mall-like arrangements. I have in the past enquired about 'fake watches', such as Rolex, Breitling, Tag Huer etc. Each time, before bringing out the 'secret box' from under a table, a 'scout' searches the streets for police several meters away, who will quickly return if any police are approaching !
    Now, back on topic - check every item you wish to purchase from Asia carefully. If it means doing online thorough researching, DO IT !
    What is available for sale in Asia is not necessarily flawed in its design, just not 100% original, and this is why millions of people (I know female LOVE to shop here!) rush to Hong Kong for their shopping needs.
    For those who pay good money for original items, this is where caution needs to be exercised.