Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A glimpse of what the old road might have been like

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Myke, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Was over in Queenstown NZ recently and I think I had a glimpse of what the old pac might have been like before they kept cutting the speed limits.

Except, this time is 10x better. Driving around the south island, I was amazed by the roads. Nice sweeping bends, amazing lake and mountain views, and lack of traffic!! Oh and did I mention the 100kph speed limits.

Some of it was quite funny:

"Ok folks, the speed limit is now 100kph!... btw 50m ahead is a 45kph recommended blind corner over a rising crest! Have fun!!"

Must be bike heaven over there in summer... I'm not sure about all the grit they like tossing around in winter though... Some of those corners I was wondering how you'd even do it over 80kph in a family car/farm ute!

2. Sounds nice, the old road has a speed limit? News to me during a weekday. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm there.
  3. Great roads. Shame their summer is about 5 minutes long.
    Ah well, toughen up and go anyway.
  4. Did that very road on the back of my dads bike when I was a kid at a slower pace, but my dad used to ride that road everytime we went to visit his family! awesome its on my list of rides to do !
  5. Excellent road that one. Crown range road is even better.