Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A funny thing happend on the way home from work.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by beery, Aug 18, 2006.

1. I will be the first to admit i don't have the most flash ride around its loud and its old but f#ck its mine. So now I'll tell you my story.

After i finished work yesterday i was on way home and i was coming to a stop at a set of lights at peak hr (and for those who know the area the lights at the corner of Stuart ave and parkway in Newcastle near the high school)
    and there was this guy on a Mountain-Bike 1 of the really good ones with disk brakes the things worth more than my DR600.
    He heard me coming as i stopped behind him and looked around and he started showing off cause i couldn't get to the front of the line cause he was in my way. He had those special shoes that cyclists have that clip in,
    so he started jerk slowly to balance without putting his foot down while all the time looking back at me for some reason,
    but after about 30seconds of this he couldn't of been very good at it because he stacked it straight over like someone pushed him about 1.5m in front of the 2 lines of traffic i herd the driver in front of me laugh over the noise of my bike.
    Then after he got himself up and the lights went green he attempted to do a wheel-stand through the intersection that didn't work.

On another not i watched a very impatient red p plater spend $225 and 2points on Beaumont street because some one took to long to turn right.
  2. He'd probably just stolen the bike and was taking it back to the housing commission flats up the road. :LOL:
  3. WHAT! not hamilton south those type of people dont live there thats a stereotype :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Ooooooh I feel that pain. Done that a few times myself(not the block the bike thing) but lost balance and gone down. One of my mates who is a world class track rider can do it no hands, pretty impressive. Still, I'd have laughed my ass off at him just the same.....

.......it's funny when it's not you!
  5. kathy was track standing no hands in the doorway tonight while watching tv. Amazing.
  6. That would have been a great sight... :LOL: :LOL:
  7. I am confused.. :? :?
  8. the person turning right had to wait in the intersection and finaly turned when it was red, the p plater went straight through the red light he was watching the car not the lights that when the red light camera went off.
  9. What a dope.

I always check for cameras before I run red-lights.
  10. Haha that's just near my school (SFX), would have been classic to see!

Good luck and cheers!