Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A funny noise..

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by janus, Jan 10, 2006.

1. I've had my 01 gsxr600 for about 2 months now. I've just noticed that around 5000 revs when decelerating, there's a funny rattling sound. It's definitely coming from the engine. Anyone got any ideas? It's got 10500 k's on the dial, I got it at 9000. I'm going to do an oil and filter change this weekend.

thanks guys.

2. At 5 k rpm .... there could be anything down there buzzing .... if your sure its the engine itself listen for it with a bubber tube ... hold it to your ear and go over the engine ... trust me you will know it when you find the spot .... its more likely a faring part buzzing ..... get someone to hold the throttle at 5 k rpm and go over the faring ... inside and out if you can .... applying pressure with ya hand ... if it stops .. you know you have your spot .... my old GSXR buzzes more than a shop fulla vibrators

3. More than a shop full of vibrators? I would have thought it would be equal to at best, ah well.. you learn something new every day.

4. How appropriate .. they're ridden by little old ladies too! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p :roll:

5. Does it go away if you pull in the clutch?

6. lol mouth .......... also by hot young girlies too ;)