Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A few of my rides

Discussion in 'Video Logging' at netrider.net.au started by Riggaz, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Hey guys, just got a go pro hero3 silver+ and strapped it to my helmet and going to be putting up a few rides, not really motovlogs as I don't talk in them... Cheers

Trying to get the best quality possible but when I "render" the video the quality dips, again when I put it on youtube it dips further.

Anyway...

RigbyRides

Thats my channel, I'm on a 2015 Ninja 650L and have been riding for 14 months :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. A couple of things:
    - What video editing software are you using? Best advice is to make sure you render in the highest bitrate you can, like 20Mbps or higher and do it in h264 video output to MP4. This will give you better ingestion to Youtube and less converting quality drop.
    - What settings are you running the camera on? Try putting it to the highest setting you can 30/60 frames per second. In out wide areas you can even set it to wide FOV. (Warning, your editor must be able to edit at those FPS speeds to make benefit of it.

Aside from that, the editing, camera positioning and format of the video was great. Keep it up!

3. Thanks mate, have a gander at my latest video, im quite pleased with the quality. I simply updated my gopro.

I edit with Sony Vegas Pro 13, I'm not very good at it yet but practice makes perfect :)

Thanks!

4. Very good, keeping your stuff up to date is a good idea.

Here are the settings I use for my video output in Sony Vegas, might help keep your Megabits quality up. (File >Properties)
    rRvaCm4.

5. Cheers mate appreciate it. I had a look at my intro and its actually a bit patchy :( Ah well ill try fix it haha.

• Like Like x 1

6. I made a little collab video, pretty happy with it!

• Like Like x 1