Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A drop and a laugh

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Chriss, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Hey guys its been quite a while since i've been on here, its all been smooth sailing.
    I've been improving my skills over the year, passed my most first attempt and even lost some weight :)
    Which brings me to my next point, dropped the bike because....ive lost weight > jeans sit lower > jeans got caught on the footpeg and over we go in the driveway. classic.
    Some nice chap helped me pick it up, no fairing damage, curly clutch lever, shifter is alittle off and the left clip on needs to adjust about an inch away from the tank. but it i can still ride it and its still pretty.

So as well all do, reflect on what happened.
    next time, tuck em into my boots and wear a belt.

p.s i'm fine, knee is alittle banged up being twisted under the bike and back strain from picking it up.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Glad you're OK Chriss, If you hurt your back picking it up, then it would be worth having a google for the correct ways of doing it. Just in case you ever need to do it again.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. I dropped my bike during a poor attempt at a U-turn, in the pitch black, in the rain....I managed to get my pants caught on the grab bars when I threw my leg back over without the stand down. Rode home with no rear break (bent) only using the front which caused the off in the first place : )

I laugh my ass off just thinking of me in the rain at night balancing a 200kg bike on one leg whilst trying to untangle my leg.

Its all good fun and we ALL do it at some point.

Nice work on the weight loss : )
  4. thanks, yeah that's a good point actually will do.
    looking on the bright side i get to tinker and fix bits. i've already checked the left handle bar and adjusted it to match the right. there's no bent parts and the stoppers are intact woot.
    reshaped the shifter and minus some missing paint its back to normal.
    looks like im ordering a clutch lever off ebay and replacing that on the weekend.
  5. oh dear
    yeah and its also kind of relief, the bikes not brand new anymore and i wont be inspecting small scratches and trying to keep it pristine.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have lost heaps of weight since i started riding for some reason. possibly body trying to create more hp/kg
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Glad to see you and your ride are no worse for wear :)