Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Different Ride 26/1

Discussion in 'VIC' started by lil, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Dave and I are heading for a ride down the GO road. I don't get weekends off at the moment, so I'm dying to go for a different day ride and, as I haven't been down that way very much.....

Anyway, leaving Melbourne at 7 and no set plans yet. Wondering if anyone's interested......

:D :D :D

2. Sounds like a fantastic idea, lil!

Who the hell is Dave?

3. Is the GO road the same as the GOR...or have i got it all wrong.

4. You've got it alright :p

5. :shock:

Errr I assume you mean 7pm right????

7am isn't going to exist after a bit of a celebratory beverage for Aussie eve.

6. 7am because not everyone revolves around Matt's personal time frame. In all honesty we're looking likely to kick off at 6:30.

By the time we hit GO Road it'll be light, warm, and we'll get most of the interesting bits out of the way before it heats up too much.

"Wednesday
    Mainly fine. Possible late thunderstorm. Min 20 Max 37"

Plus we'll avoid the rain.

7. GOR Cautions

OK, the GOR is BUSY on Australia Day... VERY busy. It will also be heavily patrolled. So, my advice is to head toward Colac and when you get to Whinchelsea, turn left to Deans Marsh. Great bit of road. First 10km are sweepers and then all of a sudden you come around a fast left and hit a 40km/h hard left.. Pops out of nowhdere so be careful

Remember, the GOR is 80km/h all the way now.... It is heavily patrolled and unmarked cars and bikes travel the road on Public Holidays.

All in all. HAVE A GREAT RIDE AND be careful

8. Blackboy, Dave is "Fixed". Mitch, thanks for the tips....we're going for a ride not a fang, so we'll be good, but we'll look at the Dean's Marsh way.....

For any interested, Dave and I will be leaving Mobil servo cnr of Auburn and Toorak roads in Hawthorn East at 645am. Any interested be there or play catch up!

9. What time are you coming thru Geelong? Meet point? I was heading down there myself but the more the merrier. Can show you some of the more interesting back roads if time/distance is no concern :D

10. We'd be going through Geelong at about 730/745 i guess. I've never ridden with you, so I'll warn you that we're not after a super fast ride, just an interesting one.

If you're still interested, an experienced guide would be great! Otherwise, we may see you on the roads somewhere.....

11. Where abouts in Geelong?

12. :? But isn't it law or something? :D

13. We'd be going straight through, so down the highway, I guess. We can stop at the BP/Maccas (the one with the McCafe) if you like?

14. :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :LOL:

15. That sounds like a goer. See ya there

16. I was 15 minutes late for the 10am meetup from the Dromana ride.......7am definately wouldn't have happened... :D How'd you guys go?