Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Current Affair - Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by nodz, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Anyone see the bit on ACA last night regarding speed cameras?

There was a bloke on there that has been helping QLDers to have the speed camera fines quashed. He's had over 1400 customers and has an 83% success rate.

His basic advice (admittedly in QLD) was view the photograph and if there is any other vehicle in the photo then contest it, as they can't prove it was you. They just hope that you believe it was you and pay up.

Bit of scaremongering TV but quite interesting. Suggested that it shouldn't be taken as gospel that it was you that was doing the wrong thing.

I think there was a post a little while back about a female netrider that got pinged, the photo turned out to be a bloke on a big black Harley rather than the brightly coloured twofiddy (I think). Turns out number plate was 1 dgit/letter off. Apparently this is not as uncommon as you might think. 90% of drivers/riders just pay up.

2. Hmmm you couldn't have posted that 3 months ago... :LOL: got my first speeding fine in 10+years... worst luck I recieved the fine notice on 23 december... ~sigh~ :roll:
  3. Now, now Smee, not my statements. I did indicate that it was scaremongering TV, but you'll be surprised (actually perhaps you wouldn't) of the number of people that just pay up. As you indicate in your post, it's not rocket science.

4. :D :D :D
  5. That would be this one;

Moral of this story is to make the effort and check the photo unless you can remember doing the offence as a second vehicle in the photo can have it cancelled. I've heard of an example where an Ambulance with the lights going causing another road user to get booked.