Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A couple of radars in the RNP today

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by rob53, Jul 6, 2008.

1. I was pretty surprised to see a few cops doing speed checks in the nasho, there was one at stanwell tops lookout and another one just before Garie beach.

Does the park usually get this much attention?, I've been plenty of times before (caging ...) and never really noticed any.

Maybe there just trying to slow down the speed of riders to stop them from crashing .... :oops:
  2. I would suggest you're right; barely a weekend goes by that someone doesn't throw the model up the road in the Park.
  3. Thats very odd...I was heading out there today, but I had a strong hunch feeling not to go, some thing bad was going to happen, so I turned around my bike and went some where else..lucky! could of got pinged.
  4. I've seen them once at the southern gate entrance pulling over bikes as they came in but only that once.
    The Putty Road was clear and free from any legal restraints for my quick :wink: lunchtime zip up & back... saw many high numbers however :oops: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. None is sight...

I have kids... but had a big sleep in until 7am this morning... Went for a lap through the RNP, no cops at that time of the morning (home by 10)...

Might have come out 'cause of the guy from the Christian Motorcycle Club who did a great full throttle, tyre smoking, tail wagging, takeoff from the Bald Hill Carpark...

I know I am supposed to get all politically correct and say it was bad bad bad... but I was impressed...

I don't have much of a problem with cops in the RNP... it is true that many a rider (and cager) comes unstuck trying to race through there... I would say one each Saturday and Sunday wouldn't be far off the mark...

There are usually heaps of other riders to give you the finger twirl to let you know to be careful... but yeah... I would give it a 25% chance of cops on any given day... 50% on long weekends... 100% if it is a sunny long weekend...

6. Yeah I probably got a dozen other riders (and cyclists!) doing the twirl gesture so there was plenty of warning.
  7. That's how the Nasho works. I tend to go down there on weekday afternoons and hardly ever see a copper. But weekends is a different ballgame.