Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured A couple of foibles

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by cruisin4abruisin, May 21, 2015.

1. So I had a bit of a foible last night. I was cruising round town as you do. I experienced my first taste of cage rage. (A young P Plater and a couple of mates gobbing off.) I Just laughed and rode away, that's was all good. I was cruising up a back street (80KM/h) when I noticed a dark "blip" around a reflector further up the road. Luckily I slowed down as a ginormous husky came out of the darkness and stood there grinning at me with his tail going a million miles an hour. I am surprised I didnt panic, I progressively applied both brakes and was able to ride around the animal, then the cheeky bugger thought it was a game and chased me up the road! So I gassed it and got out of there, checking the mirror I saw he had given up by the next driveway thankfully. A funnier note to the night, I was stopped at the lights and a cager had pulled up extremely close to me, by close I mean there wasn't much between my leathers and his duco. I happened to fart.....I think the smell must've drifted in through the open window, because as the lights went green I heard the doof doof go quiet and someone say "Who the f&%k did that?! Thats sick!" Amoungst other expletives, I was laughing under my helmet as I rode away up the side street, no way was I going to hang around for a second dose of cage rage after that!

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Haha that's gold. Good to hear there was nothing too serious. I've personally learnt to pick my fights with cagers. A lot of the time karma comes back for them and I've seen it and it's funny. I'm tempted to try the fart

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah true about the picking your battles comment there. The fart was just a fluke. I don't think it would've worked if the cager hadn't pulled up so close to me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. It's not a cager defence technique I have heard of before.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I sadly can't quite do that on command! Funny though!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Good luck with that.

For some of us older riders, it might be just a wee bit pushing out luck.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. LozLoz would just have them humming along with the tune

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. That must have been a serious gas release..... Perhaps you could can it and sell it as anti cager spray. Imagine if we could direct inject it into the bikes exhaust, would be like farting in an elevator.... Who did that !!!

images (12).

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Hehehe My bike would be on turbo. I love farts. My own of course

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Oh it's all class on Netrider! ha ha ha Well done with the husky by the way :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. images (12).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Gold pic again.
    thanks DiantraDiantra.

13. That is hilarious cruisin4abruisincruisin4abruisin and well timed, deliberate or not. Try being trapped in a lift with someone's fart. Young man steps out looking really unwell, sees me and runs off. I'm thinking, 'he didn't look well' just as the lift doors shut. By the time I got to the 33rd floor I was a little unwell myself. Bouncing off the walls in fact and blue from trying to hold my breath. But all I could think about was 'please let no one be at there when this lift door opens, or they'll think it was me!" Boy he must have had a crook gut.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Not good, most likely I would say! Dont mind cracking the occasional one off in a lift......always a good chuckle.... download.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not sure I agree with "cracking the occasional one off in a lift" but I loved Liar Liar!! ha ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Remember the movie "The Bucket List"

Allan

• Like Like x 1
  17. image.

18.  Top
  19. It does have the distinction of being Bela Lugosi's last movie as he died during shooting. And lets face it Ed Wood is Ed Wood,, one of a kind ;)

And this thread is now Officially Off Topic. :)

• Like Like x 2