Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A couple of firsts

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jeffco, Aug 20, 2012.

1. The first 1st. Had intended to ride down to Portsea but when I got to the Arthurs seat turn off suddenly thought that’s for me, it’s been 6 months since I got back into it & I reckon I’m up for it.
    So off I went road was pretty empty seeing as it was only 10:30 or so which was a major part of the reason for trying it. It wasn’t pretty we didn’t set any records and there was definitely a couple of wrong gear choices and less than perfect cornering lines but I kept calm didn’t panic and just kept trying to remember all the info from Noob 101 cornering basics and seven basic steps for beginners riding on the roads and finally got to the top and I got to say i was stoked.
    Took the obligatory picture had a bit of a wander and then set myself for the return trip. Started off ok had a vehicle come up behind me so when I got to a parking area slowed down into and let them pass (didn’t want the pressure) gear choices were better on the way down but still had a couple of minor issues with cornering but nothing to serious, and returned to the main road with no further issues.
    The second 1st . Rode to Rosebud shouted myself a latte (large) then thought it’s time for the big highway ride. I had done a couple of smaller runs along various freeways but nothing as long as the return from Peninsula to Dandenong. This was more challenging than I thought it would be it was a bit windy but my little 250 managed it without too many issues. Amazing how many cars and trucks will shoot by you at 100 ks. I kept an on merging vehicles and my mirrors, moved to the middle of my lane when I saw the big rigs coming and had a great return ride.
    Well that was my day Thanks again to those of you who have supplied the information in the Newbie section I really appreciate it. For all those yet to read it I highly recommend it.

• Like Like x 2