Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A cool tool to capture rides

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Damian, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I came across this cool tool to log and share your ride info. I used it this morning to create a quick demo for you (as I dropped my rice burner off for it's 1000m service).

It's called EveryTrail and is a little apps that runs on the iPhone and a few other GPS-enabled phones. It not only captures your GPS location, but your speed, altitude and it can link photos you took at those places.

Here's my trip this morning - http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=79424. By default you'll see the Google map and two boring photos I took to go with it. If you click the "Stats" link you can also see the speed and altitude throughout the trip.

I think this would be cool for those multi day trips to send details of where you've been to the loved ones at home.

2. big brother!
  3. :shock: geeeez....Hyo are really ramping up their service intervals ! :wink:
  4. nice!!

Do you have to have the phone kept exposed while you ride? Am guessing it wouldnt work if its in the pocket..
  5. You didn't go very fast :wink:

I'd love to do this while absolutely flying through some of my favourite backroads. The speed stats would be awesome.
  6. I had my phone in my bike jacket and it worked just fine.

And yes, I was going slow, as I'm a noob :) I'm trying to ride the hills near my place twice a week to slowly build my skills, confidence and speed.