Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

. . . . a concept close to my heart !

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mickyb V9, Apr 18, 2008.

1. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23559250-401,00.html

It all appears to be science-fiction.
    But we all know how new technologies can eventuate in a decade or two.

I'm usually critical of new technology where man is almost playing god - but in this case i'm all for it.
  2. Just wondering if they make make some 'bits' grow back bigger than they were ... :?
    :LOL: :LOL:
  3. For the millitary, gotta love the mentality, "If they cant keep themselves alive, we'll make medicine better so we can try fix them"

Nothing wrong with the re-growing of a limb, but how-bout you train your soldiers a bit better there mr president...
  4. ^Coz when a random spinning piece of mortar shrapnel shreds your shoulder, your arm actually falls off because you're a girly man who didn't do enough pushups in basic.
  5. The main reason the US military are doing this is that because of better battlefield medicine these guys instead of dying like a hero, are coming home as broken men and it's really not very good for morale.
  6. Or grow extra ones.....
  7. :p You're over simplifying it... the soldier shouldn't have been in that area in the first place with proper training, he'd have already killed the opponents :p

AMI had this years ago apprently... why aren;t these guys catching on... up yer nose and away it goes... ;)