Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Brief introduction..

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by hgsuzuki, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Hey all, been lurking for a long time and thought i should start to contribute to the discussions instead of just reading them.

I have been riding dirtbikes for around nine years, with a bit of motocross but mostly bush riding. I am on a '05 RMZ450 at the moment, and have got a RM125 that is being rebuilt.

I have had my motorcycle learners permit for a long time (had to be extended), and have just got my p's. I have had minimal riding time on the road, as I only just got a roadbike a couple of weekends ago (ZXR250).

I thought a lot of technique would have followed through, but was quick to realise that the transfer from dirt to bitumen is a lot harder than I thought! ie; throttle control (no slip usually on road)

But I am getting there, and learning and reading through this site as much as possible.

2. Well, welcome to Netrider and the joys of road riding :).

Be a nice man and put the state you live in in your profile, okay?
  3. Profile and garage updated! :facepalm:
  4. Welcome to Netrider!!

5. [​IMG]
    Glad you took the plunge and posted.
    Get used to smooth throttle contol and you'll have a ball.
  6. Welcome to the world of NR.. You will have a ball in here.. :grin:
  7. Bummer you didn't have such a jump-start on your skills for road. I've never been off road - looks too out of control! Anyway, all the best.
  8. Welcome 2 NR hgsuzuki
  9. Welcome Welcome Welcome

Netrider is the place to be. You'll love it here.