Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A* boots splitting

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Roscoe, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Around 1 month ago I purchased a pair of Alpinestar GPS-3 boots. The left foot near the gear pad is starting to split on the side.

They haven't been wet and no other damage. For $300 I was hoping I'd get better then 1 month worth without issue. I wear them only while riding, once I get to work I change shoes and of course I take them off when I get home.

Has anyone had problems with these boots? I think I'll call Peter Stevens tomorrow, where I purchased them, and see what they recommend. At this rate they'll be dead in 2 months.
  2. If you don't have any success with PS, give the importers a ring .... Monza Imports :)
    I had issues with my boots, although they were only a week old, Monza imports replaced them, with a better more expensive pair. :)
  3. A check of the other boot in the sun shows it is also splitting in the same spot. While they're just cracks at the moment I'm sure in the next month they'll turn in to open splits.

I'll drop in to Peter Stevens this afternoon and if need be call Monza.

Thanks for the information.
  4. Just so you know, Monza imports is owned by the same people as Peter Stevens (...and various other bike shops, and Triumph Australia... ), although they will no doubt have different managers.
    So don't take ant sh!t from PS - they've got the contacts to do something about it :wink:
    (Actually, I haven't had any problems with returns so far, anyway.)
  5. Had the same problem with a pair of diadora boots , fantastic boots but split after only 1 month of use in the leather vinyly cover bit where toes bend, tok them back to frazers and the supplier replaced them .... new ones are starting to do the same but would rather contact the company or similar rather than the dealer as they proved a little helpless with out severe pushing .. can only find diadora italy or usa companies ? and ideas?