Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A Bit of Aviation History

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by PatB, Jun 19, 2013.

1. #1 PatB, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    For those interested in WW2 aviation, here's a little doco that I've just tracked down.

I've seen better ones about Fraulein Reitsch (some with much of the same footage) but I've not found them on Youtube as yet.

Best bit is her description of the Me163. Anybody who's ever ridden a big, ill mannered motorcycle will know exactly what she's talking about.

A bit more searching and I've found this, this and this. Still not the whole interview as I remember it but interesting nonetheless.

For balance, here's an interview with one of her British counterparts who also found the 163 somewhat exciting, though not in an especially good way :D.
  2. #2 ogden, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Excellent docos. That Udet was an amazing pilot. I remember my old man playing videos of his aerobatic displays when I was a nipper. Those low level loops are still amongst the most the most hair raising things I've ever seen.