Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

A big Hello to all Netrider Members

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Iceman_F14, Mar 14, 2014.

1. #1 Iceman_F14, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Hello to all NetRider Members,

First of all I must apologise for creating a post before introducing myself.

My name is Stephen, I love going for a ride on one of my bikes, long walks along the beach and of course being covered in oil and chain lube from trying to do maintainance on one of my bikes and failing miserably due to my lack of knowledge which I would like to change!

I have been riding for many years now. I started riding a family friends Pee Wee 50 a few times a year when we were on holidays together when I was around 6 and I got bitten by the motorbike bug!

I got my first motorbike when I was around 8 years old. I still have the little Honda XR80 and it still gets used at our family farm and still runs like the day I got it! Once I had outgrown that bike, I purchased a new XR200 and loved it just as much. My dad also ended up buying a second XR200 once he rode mine a few times. We mainly use the motorbikes on our farm but we back onto a forest near Gembrook so I now have a gate so I can go straight out to the trails in the forest for a really good ride with my mates. I am still trying to convince my Dad to come out and ride some of the trails with me but I haven't managed to do so as yet so I may need some help getting him out there!

I also have two road bikes that haven't been riden in a while due to medical reasons. Basically the hospitals don't like you riding around the walkways which made me a bit upset, lol :)

I own a 1989 CBR250RR MC22 and a 2009 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade which is an awesome machine which I hope to do some Advanced Riding Courses and some Track Days on to get my skill levels up so I can ride the bike closer to It's limits eventually. I also hope Ican pick up some riding tips from some of the riders on the forum to help me get there.
    It's definately not easy to get back on the bike and ride it as I used to after being off the road for just over a year now but It's now time to get back on the many horses she has and get some fiding under my belt again and I really miss not being able to go for a ride after so long without being able to!
    So I have been riding on the road since around 2006-2007 so most of my experiencehas been on dirt bikes which made the transition to the road much easier other than this last year and a half which has put me back a bit but I'm sure I will get used to it all again quite quickly.

Well now that I have told everyone my life story, I really look forward to meeting some new people on here and hopefully learning a lot more than I currently know so I will definately be picking everyones brains to learn as much as I can and hopefully I will be able to contribute something to the forums as well.

I look forward to meeting some of you at some rideouts or other events and hopefully have a chat with everyone else.

2. Welcome to Netrider, Stephen, you certainly have had some varied experiences..
  3. G'day, you should meet Ogden :wacky:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. welcome to NR
  5. Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me.

Hornet: I have definitely had many varied experiences but I feel it has made me a better rider for it! I'm just hoping to get back on the road soon and get my confidence back as it has gotten away from me.a bit with not riding for a while due to many injuries.

Mcsenna: I just have one question, who is Ogden? And what is the reason I should meet him or her? Am I being set up for something already? Lol. Do the crazy eyes mean a good or bad thing??? :)
  6. Welcome Iceman, hope to see you out there sometime.