Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

9R all Kerkered up. Muffler Mounting query

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by robsalvv, May 5, 2006.

1. [IMG:1280:960:28b7414802]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/Robsalvv/Kerker%20exhaust/Kerkerexhaustinstall001.jpg[/img:28b7414802]

That's the 9R's new exhaust... a ripper 2nd hand Kerker can from ebay. It's given the bike an awesome low rumble with heaps more volume... almost to the point of my muso ears considering it too loud! Every ride is an ear plug ride from now on... might need to get the can repacked? There are no flat spots and the bike seems snappier, but it seems to run hotter - could it be that with a more open pipe there's too much air now making it too lean??

Anyway, the issue I'm having is that the supplied mounting strap closes over the centreline of the can and I had to do some creative bolting work to tie the mounting strip back to the pillion bracket. The long bolt interferes with a pillions right foot.

While waiting for Kerker U.S. and the local aussie dealers to get back to me, is there a local muffler option that I can pursue to buy or get a proper '029R offset mounting strap made? See pix for what I'm talking about.

2. Take a quick run out to mega cycle exhasts and see if they have an offest bracket they make a P shaped bracket that will resolve that centre mount issue it may be from stock but take the bike over there and they will sort something out for you pretty quick smart.

Also should be able to source some packing from them at the same time

Good luck Kerkers have always been the american can of choice
  3. congrats rob welcome to the noise club :grin:
  4. I didn't realise how well respected Megacycle are. I've been pointed in their direction quite a few times since asking around. A trip to Megacycle it is.

Thanks for the tip Brucey.