Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

$999 brand new 200cc road registerable bike?????

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by wixy, Oct 3, 2006.

1.  Top
  2. dodgy, and don't bother would be my 2 cents.

even if you could get it road registered (and believe me you couldn't, vicroads would laugh at you) it would be a piece of shit.

reading through their feedback:

'150cc worst bike ever made. nothing but problems$$$$. buyers beware'

'u can not register bike for the road - have tried but no help from Jason'

'no way can u register these bikes - seller lies despite all emails & calls'

'BEWARE totally false specifications.won't answer until ebay involved.never again'

'WONT REPLY CANT GET PARTS BEWARE BEWARE'

3. Seems to be some technical confusion too; 5 speed gearbox, one down, five up :?:

4. If its realy cheap then generally it is just that :shock:

5. :!: I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious? Out of my way, all of you! This is no place for loafers! Join me or die! Can you do any less? For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle! :!:

6. read closer : This bike contains 5 Gears Transmission System! (1 UP, 5 Down)

7. oooh i wouldnt even bother, its written so many times that it is off road its not funny then just a one liner that a buyer has road registered it with an engineers report..id be looking less on ebay and more on www.bikesales.com.au

8. Where are those negative comments slyfox? I clicked on feedback, and it was all positive apart from 2...

9. huzey look right through his feedback, i have, he's had a joint claim filed against him by many customer's by the look. some positive, but mainly, yeah i got what i paid for stuff, looks like his game has lifted a little recently, but it's still not worth the hassle, and EVERYTHING is someone elses fault. very aggresive response to negative feedback too.

10. It's funky to think though that there's talk of new <$5000 cars coming out of China in a few years time.

While they're not worth the time at the moment, Chinese manufacturing will continue to improve and road registerable bikes of up to 250cc, for one or two thousand dollars on road will become a reality.

The Chinese are seeking world markets, and their quality will improve to Japanese levels of reliability. You'd be mad to be an early adopter, but they'll be a good value buy in years to come.

11. I was also looking at this.
    The bikes are also for sale at Directbuy.com.au. Possibly the same guy...more expensive though.

I would be keen to get one (from anywhere) but I am trying to find out what would be involved in this engineers report. How much work and how much cost would it involve to get a RWC?

I would love a new road registered trail bike for $1000 - $1500.

Bob

12.  Top
  13. There is hardly anything in this world that someone can't make a little worse and sell a little cheaper.

And people who consider price alone are this man's lawful prey.

It's Unwise to pay too much, but It's worse to pay too little.

When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all.

When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything.

John Ruskin 1819-1900

14. I'm pretty sure you can get Rec Reg, but that would still mean that I couldn't ride it down the shops (built up area).

15. I could ride it to my local shop (not built up area) ;)

16. dont worry if u can or cant register it. i just went through all his feed back.

dam he sounds shonky, yeah there is lots of good ones, but even some of the people that gave him a positive score complain about after you buy from him he doesnt reply to your emails or phone calls.

if u serious bout buying from him strongly suggest goin though all his feed back. sounds very very dodgy.

his response to all negative comments is ' we tryed to help u, u new to ebay not my fault all ure fault' (i summed it up a bit).

17. dont worry if u can or cant register it. i just went through all his feed back.

dam he sounds shonky, yeah there is lots of good ones, but even some of the people that gave him a positive score complain about after you buy from him he doesnt reply to your emails or phone calls.

if u serious bout buying from him strongly suggest goin though all his feed back. sounds very very dodgy.

his response to all negative comments is ' we tryed to help u, u new to ebay not my fault all ure fault' (i summed it up a bit).

18. There was an add for, what I assumed a chinese trial bike, in the October Cycle torque. It is ADR compliant.

250cc

$3000 + ORC from memory.

for anyone who is interested in this sort of thing.