Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

99 suzuki gsx750f

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ckr83, Oct 24, 2006.

1. hey guys, as the title says, what are your thoughts? theres 1 for sale around my area for $5500 with rwc and rego, but has 74000kms. just had major service. what do you'se think?

2. Hard to say without any idea of the general condition. With those sort of K's you might find it difficult to on sell. I recon you could probably do better either on price or a bike with much lower K's for that price.

3. High kms on a Suzuki are not a problem if the bike has been looked after (I bought mine with 72K on it, never had a problem). Ask if you can take the bike for a mechanical check up. If the bike is good, try to knock the price down.
    If the bike is not, or they do not agree to the check up - move on.
    For that price the bike MUST be good with no $$ to spend on straight away. :mad:

4. yeah the bikes in excel cond, just rwc yesterday and machanically a1, it'll be my first bike and will want to do a bit of highway riding aswell.
    im 6ft and 105kg and i think that it suits me well for something to learn on again and be able to take the missus on aswell.

5. If you are happy with the bike and happy with the price, buy it. If you have doubt's, get a mechanic to check it over. If the bike comes with a full service history that would be a good indication of how it's faired. When was the chain last replaced, tyres, cam chain, service frequency, brake rotors etc. etc. Bikes can shine up pretty well, the only real way of assessing them is by their history and mechanical condition.