Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

98 Suzuki Across Value... What to do!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by kruxaldifivic, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I've found a '98 model Across at a Suzuki dealer. It has 43,318 kms on the clock, seems in good nick, front fairing broken on both sides of the screen (where the handlebars are on full lock), asking $3,500 ONO.

As I'm hunting for a first bike(good commuter), does this seem like a good deal? It's had a few owners over its life and a few battle scars from being dropped. However the main front/side fairing looks as though its been repaired/replaced.

Should drop my bundle and race to the shop and get it now? Or hold out and get a new Hyosung GT250R?

2. I got a 1999 model in excellent nick and with about 20,000 clicks for $1900... Keep shopping.

/Course, that was a bastard of a good deal. If you want to be riding asap, go pony up!

3. Seems way too pricey, especially in a state where 250s aren't the only option for learners.

4. Hmmm, $3500 for a damaged bike with the km's starting to build up. I'd keep looking. (can only go on what you've told us)

5. http://jcorcuera.gallery.netspace.net.au/2005Dec11MelbToyRun/DSC01374

Got above for 4k in perfect nick with 19,000 clicks on it. Never had a problem with it.

Damn that's a good deal...if it was any cheaper it would be stolen :LOL:

6. Yeah I was bloody tempted to sell it again the next day!

7. I've looked in the trading post, and it seems that $3.5K is the usual asking price for these bikes (with less kms!).

I'll have another chat with the sales guy, see if I can get him down to $2k-$2.5k.

8. I agree, $3.5k for something with that many kms in NSW is not really good value. $2.5k would be a better deal for you, although that's probably not much more than what they traded it for.

9. In NSW? Crikey, yeah, the value of a 250 shouldn't be artificially propped up like it is here in VIC where every learner has to buy noe.

10. Would of made a 2k profit...Across' have good resale anyway...you still would have made a profit if you sold it a year later.

I plan to sell mine for 4k mid 2006.