Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

97 Triumph Daytona 595 - opinions/thoughts please

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by jypt, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Your opinions and thoughts would be greatful for this bike

I quite like the look of it but have no knowledge of Triumph models and their reputation.

So i am asking for any kind ppls to help me out and give me the low down and the upside of owning one of these bikes.

2. Depends on what you want, jypt.
    They are quite fast. Lovely motor. They handle quite well. They are also a bit heavy for a sportsbike. You won't be able to do what you can on a GSXR.
    Reliablility is not quite Honda-like, but not as bad as some people would have you believe. You CAN be unlucky with some things though, so it pays to have it checked by an experienced Triumph mechanic.
    One thing I would say, though is that it is worth going for a slightly later model (say 2000 on) even if it's got more Ks on it, because a few known glitches got sorted out by then.

3. www.t595.net
    www.triumphrat.net

These bikes have a cult following because they are so ride able. You will like most trumpy riders fall in love with the triple motor. If i had my choice again between the TT600 and the T595 i would have gone with the T595 outright. Check the service history well and call that service centre. Most service centres for trumpy's keep on file everything that has happened to the bike. Look at the ownership history, and if in doubt call the previous owner. I did and was presently surprised when i told her i own her baby she gave me a full rundown on the remap and unbadged carbon exhaust!

Oh and btw the weight is a sign of the reliability!