Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

97% Owned - Economic documentary

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Deadsy, Jul 12, 2013.

1. If 2 hours is too long, there is a 1 hour version too:

Critiques, comments? Would be interesting to get a discussion going on this.

2. It definitely leans towards propaganda (the views of its creators are pretty clear within the first five minutes :p), but, once you've ignored their emotive presentation, it does have some interesting information nonetheless.
  3. It's certainly aimed at influencing the viewer's opinion, but I also found it informative. Ever since I first looked into the question of "where does money come from" I've found the answer to be: banks loan it out and it gets spent into existence.

This doco just raised some questions related to that which I find interesting. For example, the interest banks charge which leads to a profit off of something that is created through the press of a button. The way banks can acquire houses when loans are defaulted raises questions because they created the money out of nothing in the first place.