Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

97-00 GSXR 600's

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by BRK, Nov 13, 2007.

1. greetings to all who read this,

i am interested in the purchase of an earlier model gsxr 600, in the price range of a max about 6k.
    Curious as to if there is any faults with these earlier models? Are the later 2000 modles a better buy then say the earlier ones?
    and another thing prior to me departing, whats a good km range for an earlier model bike? is it similar to a car?

Any thoughts would be read, then of course appreciated.

2. Bikes generally depreciate alot slower considering their age. eg. 1989 honda spada, as long as the kms isn't too high (on the clock at least), they sell for 2-3k.

You can get a pretty good deal on the 01 (fuel injected) ones, and from everything I've heard they're very good. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck.

3. As far as I know there weren't any major faults or issues with the bikes. The biggest issue you have with them now is how hard they were ridden by previous owners, and how badly they popped wheelies :shock:

4. I'm too in market for similair vintage gixxer, is there a big difference in dollars second hand between the 600 an 750.

Also were is the best place to look for these sorts of bikes?