Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wobbly sauce

94' ZXR250

1. wobbly sauce submitted a new Showcase Item:

94' ZXR250

Read more about this showcase item here...

2. Awesome learner bike! I had one as my first too
  3. Been using my house mates bike('06 CBF250 the one in the pic above) for a while taking it in turns riding arond.

Of the 4 months we have had the bike we have the Odo reading at 4,800kms(had 1,200kms, 600kms each for the last 2 owners ).. so I was looking to get my own.

Tried quite a few different bike styles and sizes and the 2 it came down to a new '11 J-Ninja and a '94 ZXR250.

ZXR250, Has 30,700km now on the clock and still runs like new, maintained well, it is a '94- Aus compliance in '08 plate, I like the older styling it has over the newer type. Stops on a dime.
    Then there is a '11 EX250-J for another $1k, which has about 500km's on the clock and was stand dropped and it scared them to not ride it any more. That I was looking into.

Now he is thinking to upgrade.

Darren, is your location right? as we could of passed each other a few times.
  4. Nah I'm not actually on the Island. I just get there as often as I can to hit the track (the address on my profile is actually the circuit!). Although I did live in wonthaggi for a few years which ain't far.

I reckon the zxr250s are stacks better than any of the lams bikes these days. Twin front disks, usd forks, alloy frame, and best of all a screaming 20,000 rpm 45hp engine! The 18 inch rear is a bit of a pain in the ass for tyre choices. Plenty of guys fit a 17" rim.
  5. #5 wobbly sauce, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    I meant as in the area of the Island, but I understand.

That they are, you hear that they might be bringing back the screamers? mainly for the Indonesian market as per tax reasons of higher CC's.
    4-6k putting in town, 8-10k starting to be in the pull range, 14-16k+ is making that feeling you should of shifted 10k rpm ago as it keeps climbing..

F Dunlop Sportmax GPR-100F, 110/70R17
    R Dunlop Sportmax GPR-200, 140/60R18
  6. #6 wobbly sauce, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Going to be off the road for a bit, getting parts.
    Just pulled the rear off giving it a over haul, and looking in the daylight.. to start put an old indicator back in, unbend a little faring support, right side mirror that I finally got fixed up came of when my house mate was adjusting it to his seating position.. so got one already in the postal system and call it a day until.. lets stand the bike and give the chain a going over we said... as it has been through some bad weather this weekend every stop it has gotten a little touch up.

Some one had put a 40 rear sprocket on it(was wondering why it felt different to others.), and looking at the teeth it is no good.. front was in a worse condition- near on should not of been cleared for RW able, so replacing the lot.

Going back to stock, 14/48 stock, but shop had a 46 and gold chain that fits at a nice price, just waiting on the front to arrive.

Getting some more stuff, Rear disk(under spec thickness 3.6-3.7 on some spots, 4mm service limit) and organic pads.