Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

93 NSR250 - mystery switch???

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by V4bloke, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Holding onto my brothers 93 NSR250 SE which he has bought from interstate, until he can come and pick it up. In the meantime I'm going to try and get it running for him.

Have a couple of Q's about some things on the bike.

Hanging from under the instrument cluster is a toggle type switch, which at first I thought someone had added, but on closer inspection looks as though its meant to be there. Can anyone tell me what its for??

There is also a twist knob on the left hand side of the bike below the tank - its on a long thin stalk. I assume its the fuel tap but could be wrong. Also the writing is worn off this knob to I don't know when its on or off - can anyone shed some light on it?

2. It is the fuel tap, but I can't remember which way it goes.

Edit: I think forwards is on, all the way clockwise is reserve. You'll soon find out!

The toggle switch doesn't sound factory. Does it look factory issue? Maybe someone has added it so they can switch the lights on and off?
  3. It looks to be part of the instrument cluster. My first thought was lights too, but being an import, it has full headlight control switches on the bars.
  4. i think you will find that is more likely to be the idle adjuster than the fuel tap, the fuel tap is usually connected to the tank (left hand side normally)