Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

92 zzr600 questions

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by bomber watson, Jul 24, 2007.

1. hi, im trying to do up a 92 zzr600.

a current stall i have encountered is the front forks are both bent. just the chrome tube bits. im not having much luck finding replacements.

i was wondering what else fit with relative ease?? ether just the chrome bits or the whole setup, with as little mods required as possible.

also, currently it has two hot dogs grafted onto it as exhausts. this is a tad to noisy, i dont really want to get pulled over everytime i sneak the front tyre out of the driveway. it seems finding standard ones in decent nick is a bit hard

so what would you reccomend as a complete exhaust upgrade from headers back? i would prefer to keep the twin system, but would consider going 4-1.

will there really be much of a gain with diferent types of system? the standard exhaust actualy looks fairly well designed.

any help would be great.

2. You might be able to get the forks straightened, try googling 'frame straightening', there are a few places around that can do it.

I would keep the standard exhaust system. You should be able to pick up some second hand mufflers on ebay, most will fit with minor mods, there are lots of cheap used sets around.
  3. yep i've already taken the forks to a bloke who straitens them, was reccomended to me by a few people.

the forks have a slight kink in them, so he said that he can straiten them but it may be a weak spot. it would be better to find a good set somewhere. last resort i get them straitened.

so anyone else got any info? money isnt that much of a drama...
  4. I have an almost complete front end for a '95 ZZR600 all I'm missing is the front wheel and mudguard...

I would be more than happy to discuss price and delivery... I would be happy to get rid of the whole lot in one go...
  5. I know where there is a very good mufler for the left hand side For $100 pm if you are interested