Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

919 Turbo

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Farab, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Just came across this via a 919 forum:

2 guys on that forum have done the conversion. Seems to be a pretty "safe" conversion, running at no more than 7 psi. Apperently with the relatively low compression ration the Hornet runs on, this is basically a bolt on unit, with relevant bits and pieces (custom exhaust system, etc.).

Any thoughts?
  2. I thought this thread was going to be about a Porsche ...
  3. I was trying to think of some way to squeeze a little bit more awesome into this already overflowing thread, this is all I could come up with:

Seriously, what a sleeper! Chuck the stickers out, do a shock and something to beef up the front end, stick some rearsets on... And what a f*cking bike! You could have a turbo that needs UPgearing for under ten grand. Holy shit.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  4. wow i want one now lol!
  5. That is brilliant! What a sleeper! I reckon you could even modify the right hand exhaust to hold a six pack of VB. :idea: Well, at least three anyway.
  6. Im a bit of a turbo junkie...there are so many comfortable tourers that I wish had just a bit more power. Turbo BMW is the plan.
  7. Torque is through the roof.

Or you could rip the fairing off a Blackbird...
  8. Well, it's not a sportsbike frame - but then, it wasn't the sort of bike to wallow around in the corners... I can't see what the problem would be in a straight line either.
  9. :shock: Woah. Me likey.
  10. #12 edgelett, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    hmmm sexah!

i've seen a video of a Hornet 600 with a turbo on it...
    it was awesome

ah here it is:
    listen to the sounds of the blow off valve!