Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'88 GPX600 - seats

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by ricecooker, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Hi, my partner has an '88 GPX600R which has sat for about 10 years and he was given by his next door neighbour for nothing (19k on the clock).

We have got it running and have found all the extra bits and pieces (the dog chewed it up...) there were a few bits of fairings, etc on it when we got it but no seats. We have now got them off ebay in the UK.

Now my question... how the hell does the seat work? Does anybody have any knowledge of this bike? The pillion seat bolts on, but rider's seat we are not sure about. Is it supposed to have a key lock (like any NORMAL bike :D ) or does it attach in some different way?

We have two locks... they both appear to be helmet locks but one has this bar attached to it and we have no idea what it is for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. the seat key lock on gpx 600 is on the left side between the the seats. use the ignition key. not working ? WD40 it.

as for the other things with a bar on it. isnt that the pillion foot pegs ?

didnt have a gpx 600 myself but looked at a few. :grin: