Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

84 Kawasaki KZ750H Vs GT 750

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by matthewjw, Oct 22, 2009.

1. I have purchased a new bike and I'm trying to determine the correct model. It was advertised as a 1984 GT 750.
    When reviewing the RTA registration data, the model is noted as a Kawasaki KZ750H.

Photos on the net of each model number (if they are in fact model numbers) return very similar bikes to the one that I have. Here is the link:

Does anyone know if these are in fact the same bike? ie is the KZ750H a Kawasaki attributed model number and they are known as GT 750's?

I have done various searches of internet sites without clarification. If anyone knows, help would be appreciated.

2. AFAIK, the KZ750H was Kawasaki's official factory designation, but, because it had GT750 written on the sidecovers, it was usually known by that name instead (but don't quote me)

The KZ designation was more widely used in the USA than here.