Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

75 year-old Swedish woman now has world's fastest broadband

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Gromit, Jul 13, 2007.

1. 40 Gigabytes/second

Read it and weep.

2. I hear Bigpond are looking at this hardware with a view of introducing a new $29-95 plan offering 200mb of downloads at a speed of 40Gb/sec :LOL:
  3. Thats faster than any HDD or motherboard isnt it? Whats the point of that speed when it cant be displayed on screen or even stored anywhere?
    Sounds like a p!ssing contest. :?
  4. bet it still woudnt make my torrents go faster
  5. :rofl:
  6. It's more a matter of demonstrating the potential of the technology, I think.
  7. "The most difficult part of the whole project was installing Windows on Sigbritt's PC," said Jonsson.

8. i know the feeling :roll:
  9. Sitting at my desk in the office in the city (why am I here at this time of day??) my connection is supposed to be 100Mb but in reality it's only that quick when looking at internal Intranet sites but once I leave the security of the internal network and poke around the www I'm held to ransom by the speed of the machine at the other end and the plumbing I'm using to connect to it which tends to slow things down.

So in summary, it's a waste of time having a connection that quick at this time.