Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

6v Snail Horns

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by jigme, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hi,

I was looking for a new Motorcycle Horn for a 6v motorcycle. Has anyone seen any snail horns around, in the 6 v range maybe? Been looking on the web, and found a few hits, but was wondering if anyone had a nice site they knew about for this sort of stuff.

There's plenty of those horrible 6v disc horns around that sound tinny and more annoying than effective. :nopity: The snail horns tend to have a meatier sound to them, and are louder.

Cheers!

2. I have a stebel magnum on my bike.

Much louder than stock and fits easily directy onto standard mount , and plugs straight in.

Cheap on eBay. Not sure of voltage.

There are demo bids on you tube of fitting and sound

3. My stebel COMPACT (i.e. NOT the magnum, and this is the smaller, 300hz stebel air horn)

4. these are 12v horns, from what I can see.

5. I can't offer any specific suggestions, but try looking for vintage car electrical suppliers. Until 1960 or so, there were an awful lot of 6V cars around (and a few after that), so someone might be supplying bits for them.

Beware though. I had a pair of 6V snails on my CZ 20 years ago. They were cheapo crap, not very loud and stopped working inside 6 months in a bike environment, so there used to be some real rubbish out there and may still be.