Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by VapourLock, Aug 27, 2006.

2. Re: Thoughts about Yamaha City in Melb CBD?

vapourlock, if you dont know too much about bikes and you are interested I can meet you in the city if you like and look over it with you. I am a qualified motor mech.... pm me if interested so we can liase :wink: :wink: the offer is there

3. Are you sure there is one there... I walk pass at least once a week but did't see 2003 model ZXR250 (assuming it is silver) parking there..

Can I come along if you are checking it out.. just want to have a look..

4. You know you can get a brand new GPX250 for $5995+orc.

5. I brought my bike brand new from them, but sorry no experience with 2nd hand bikes.
    They were an up-straight and honest salespeople to deal with from my experience.

6. ditto to what mouth said "they were an up-straight and honest salespeople to deal with from my experience"

7. VapourLock, thanks mate. I work in the city and easy for me on weekdays. Anyway, my suggestion is that if you are paying that amount of money for a 250 bike, you sure you are not going to upgrade? I think most of us paid like $4000 - $5000 for an earlier model ZXR250 and have the extra dollars to pay for insurance, better gears and give it a good service before you ride it.

Hunt around and I am sure you will find a good one soon..

8. Haven't bought a bike from them but did have a big chat with them recently when the FZ6 was still on my new bike short list. They were more than happy to answer questions and seemed up front and honest with me.

It's not much to go on, but I don't ever recall hearing any complaints about them, which in itself is pretty good for a bike shop.

At the end of the day though, it's a 2nd hand bike so it's worth getting someone to check it out for you. :)

9. I'd be interested to come and have a look too (if it's on a week day - I work right across the road), maybe pick up some tips on what to watch out for.

10. I test rode an R6 at Yamaha city a couple of weeks ago. The sales guy (Adam) was pretty legit.

Offered me a decent deal on a 2nd hand bike, didn't mind being negotiated with and listened to the problems I had with the bike. He let me leave a deposit on it for a couple of days to think about it, and in the end I decided not to get it, and he refunded my deposit no hassle.

11. It is not legal to sell a bike "with REGO" in vic without a RWC.
    Having said that, I too bought my bike from Ebay under the same conditions.... buyer to supply RWC....luckily for me, nothing other than replace the contaminated brake fluid was required.

All it really means is that you can't transfer the bike into your name until you get a RWC for it, until then you are riding about on a bike in someone elses name. I'm sure there are other issues relating to insurance validity amongst other things, but in the long run, I can't really see it being a drama, unless you have bought a real dud bike, that can't get a RWC.

12. It is not legal to sell a bike "with REGO" in vic without a RWC.
    Having said that, I too bought my bike from Ebay under the same conditions.... buyer to supply RWC....luckily for me, nothing other than replace the contaminated brake fluid was required.

All it really means is that you can't transfer the bike into your name until you get a RWC for it, until then you are riding about on a bike in someone elses name. I'm sure there are other issues relating to insurance validity amongst other things, but in the long run, I can't really see it being a drama, unless you have bought a real dud bike, that can't get a RWC.

13. If you take longer than 14 days...dont stress, it just means you cant use the RWC( that the seller was meant to supply) if it is more than 14 days old. Your RWC will be issued upon completion of the work....and then you can get it transfered over to your name, until that time it's still in the sellers name. The date on the transfer paper means nothing, its the date on the RWC they look at.
    Best of luck!

14. No experiance with Second Hand bikes.
    I bought my new R1 in January at Yamaha City, wrote that off and got my insurance bike there another R1 in July.

I found them to be fantastic, very profesional for new bikes, they even delivered both bikes to Cockatoo (they had an employee who lived in Gembrook) but hey they did not have to bother.

The service department were great, my insurace company wanted to repair my first R1 and the Service Mangaer went into bat for me and helped even though my insurance company wanted to REPAIR my bike at 74% destroyed.

When I traded my ZX636 back in Jan Yamaha City gave me the best trade in by far.

They are pertty good people