Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

675 Parts Compatibility - foot pegs

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Joleda, Jul 9, 2014.

1. #1 Joleda, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Hi all,

I have been trying to research for a week now and can only find old information.
    Does anybody know the cross compatibility regarding the front foot pegs on a 13 Street Triple.
    Old information states that Honda CBR1000RR (04-08), Yamaha R1 (03)"will be a direct fit, but that was back on a 2009 thread.

The foot pegs are the most important, but I was also chasing new levers, so if anyone knows of any more common compatible brands that would be good too :)

Its mainly because I am poor and if you look for my bike specifically its way more expensive than the Japanese bike accessories/parts.

Many thanks

<edit> That's meant to be CBR1000RR 2004 -2008 I don't know why it turned into a smiley

2. That 675 forum looks the best place to research - and runs up until 2011.

If cost's an issue why not go aftermarket direct replacement?
  3. I have already searched that forum, also chasing confirmation for 2013.
    Its about $40 inc postage for "fits my bike guaranteed" hong kong replacement on ebay, yet Japanese brands have replacements for as low as $9
  4. Ask around for recent model Daytona owners who have bought flash after-market foot peg set-ups.

Back when I had just got my Street Triple, I found such a Daytona rider who gave me his old standard peg assembly, which bolted straight onto my Striple.

OK, I bought hm a coffee, but.....it was still cheap.

Can't guarantee that the same applies to more modern models, but it would be worth a try.
  5. Instead of researching 'foot pegs', research 'rear sets'. You'll have much greater success.
  6. Is this for front foot pegs?
  7. Yes, the pegs you use as the rider. The whole assembly, pegs, brake lever, shifter lever, heel guards are referred to as rear sets.

Do a search for '675 rear sets' on fleabay. You can get pegs delivered for about $30, and complete adjustable rear sets for around $170.

You'll need to confirm they'll fit your year of course.
  8. all I need is a new foot peg though. I am just trying to ascertain if anyone knows if say new cbr1000 footpegs are compatible with my bike or any brand for that matter.
  9. Ah, sorry, Joleda, I misunderstood the question.

For just the foot pegs alone, I'd try Jack Lilley in England.

Two wee pegs shouldn't cost that much to mail to Oz, and getting the genuine bits might save you some time.

Other than England, if you wanted to e-mail
    enquiries@motorcycledisposals.com.au in Sydney, they had, as of this morning a Striple and a Daytona for wrecking.

I'm still not too clear what, exactly, you want.

If you want your feet back a wee bit, and an inch higher up to give more cornering clearance, Daytona peg assemblies is probably what you want.
  10. Well, in regards to what I Want - I snapped my riders foot peg in half on the right hand side. The genuine ones are expensive so I was chasing an ebay replacement essentially. But I noticed that the To Fit" CBR and GXSR ones are cheaper than the "to fit Triumph street triple ones. I was just asking if anyone knew what other brands used the same pegs e.g. CBR1000R will fit direct etc.
    I must have not phrased my question right :cat: