Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

600cc and 1000cc insurance

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by OG, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Hello All

Im not exactly a new rider, been rideing a 250cc to work for the past 3 years.

I am currently in the market for a new sports motorcycle.
    Silly question, aproximatly how much would comprehensive insurance for a 600 or 1000cc differ?

I have not decided on which model bike possibly a honda 600cc (seems to fit well and be slightly more confortable)

as i am organising finance soon what would coprehensive insturance for a honda 600cc and a 1000cc be aproximatly? i assume it is quite high as they are sports bikes.

also who would you reccomend for insurance, my current bike has 3rd party with aami ive heard they are ok?
  2. I think you will find insurance varies on account of 1) your age and driving history and 2) the make on model of the bike rather than cc's explicitly.

Some make and models are notorious for insurance claims (R1?)
  3. how old are you.... also you know who would be great for answering this? an insurance mob.

give them a call or get clicking on to ebike for a quote
  4. 1500-3000 for a modern supersports if you're rather young.

Varies alot. Plug your details into some online calculators and find out, eg. insure my ride, nrma, etc.
  5. I get good rates with GIO, try them or your insurance mob of choice a call.

Doesn't hurt to make a few calls & play off against one another either.

Good luck!
  6. just did a bit of a search may be usefull to others

honda 1000r 1682$pa
    honda 600rr 1187$pa every other 600 was same price
    triumph 675 1129$pa for some reason gets a better deal
  7. That all doesn't mean much. There's too many factors that are different for everyone.

year of bike?
    market or agreed value?
    what rating?
    applicable excess
    where's the bike stored - street, garage
    driving history
  8. its usefull if you want to know relative cost
    a 1000cc will be about $500 more a year to insure than a 600cc
    all i wanted to know
  9. try swan insurance they were very cheap for me compared to everyone else and offer me more for my money.
  10. Contact them all. They do vary and while it is unlikely that any one company is better than the others, there will probably be one which is better for you and your bike.
  11. Not real accurate,I just tried online quote for 1997cbr1000f @$7700 and 2002 trumpie tt600 @$6700 Both came out identical for me at $239
  12. I previously had a 2004 gsxr 600 in 2005 and i was 26 yrs old and paying $1300
    then purchased 2008 gsxr 1000 in 2008 and paying $2900 now paying $2000 with RACV
  13. Or Copy/Paste into an Excel spreadsheet..

Insuremyride quotes for me are around $3100 for all the 09 600cc supersports.. 22yo being the primary reason why.. I'm considering just not getting comprehensive.
  14. Mine was around that mark, as I was 19 at the time. Thats for an 09 ZX6R through Swann. Hopefully this year it will have improved :cry: