Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

60 Year old back on a motorcycle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by triplesmoke, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Hi Fellow Bikers
    Steve here
    Just thought I would let you all know I have finally returned to motorcycling after a hiatus of 40 years.
    Got my learners last July ..and passed my Licence test 7 months later and have been having a ball riding a klx250s on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey Steve. Welcome to NR! And welcome back to the highway.
  3. Hi Steve, welcome to NR and back to life on two wheels. Just shows once you've got the riding bug, you can't stay away :)
  4. Welcome to NR...
  5. Thanks Guys
  6. Just a quick question
    Did any of you blokes ride a Kawasaki triple in the 70's
  7. Welcome Triple Smoke. I see you are in Rowville. Uncle Gregs Epic ride has a pickup point at the 7-11 Stud and Wellington rd. The ride is learner friendly so when you feel ready check out that thread and come along.
  8. Thanks 4 that
  9. Welcome to NR Triple SmokeTriple Smoke. Great to see you back in the saddle after a little break enjoy.
  10. Welcome aboard Steve :]
  11. Welcome Triple SmokeTriple Smoke enjoy the return to joys of riding...once gained, never lost! :)
  12. Hi Spoonter!
  13. Huh? Some of us are too old to understand...
  14. Sorry for your confusion OldmaidOldmaid , it's not about being old or not, it's a private joke. I know the guy, he's a work colleague.

Give me a call sometime, Steve.

PS OldmaidOldmaid ,you and Triple SmokeTriple Smoke and I are of the same vintage near enough. Just like fine wine, we keep improving with age. (Well that's my excuse for my behaviour anyway)
    And the word is defined in the urban dictionary; Urban Dictionary: spoonter
    I'll let your fertile (nurses?) imagination interpret which meaning applies! :rolleyes::whistle::smug:
  15. Ohhhhh testicle tartare of course!
    damn why didn't I think of that ...my game is slipping... :(
    Don't know about improving with age gunissangunissan but this old whine certainly seems to have developed a bit more body over the years...and a bit of sediment in the bottom...

(Infertile doctor ;) )
  16. #16 Returned, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Welcome back to motorcycling and welcome to NR. I was riding in the early 70's and remember the 750 Kawasaki's from those days but did not get to have a ride on one. In those days I only rode a CB350F (vertically and financially challenged) but got to ride on my various friends Ducatis ( 750 and 450), Hondas (750 and 500) and Norton (850) when they were too drunk to care!!.
  17. Welcome to Netrider Steve...I know exactly where you are coming from, I recently returned to riding after a brief 37 year break :)
    ....and I am so glad that I did!!!
  18. Congrats mate and welcome back. The tech changes in bikes over a 40 year hiatus would be interesting to digest! How do you find your new steed compared to those of your youth?
  19. Welcome back, what better way to spend your senior years than reliving the joys of younger riding days???

I had a Kawasaki triple two stroke back in the eighties, but it was just the 250 model.......
  20. You might be interested in a resent episode of Jay Lenos Garage comparing an old 2 stroke 750 Kawasaki and the new super charged H1.
    I still have my Laverda triple from back then.
    • Like Like x 1