Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

50cc scooter.ask about licence

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by anwai71, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. i got my L driver's licence recently
    i have heard that.i can ride on a 50cc scooter..even i dun get a P or Full licence.
    is that true?

  2. Depends on what state you live in.

    Victoria NO.
  3. Not 100% sure but as said Vic u need a motorcylce licence, most of the states that do not require a specific licence for 50cc scoots you DO need a full drivers licence.

    Let us know what state you are in and we may be able to help a bit more.
  4. i'm in south australia-Adelaide
    thanks for helpin me out
  5. i think the other are right - you need a full car license. But here in WA you can ride a 50cc scoot when you on your car P's, so might be the same over your way.
  6. Great you're an Adelaide-sider too in that case you won't have any problems with a 50cc just drive away...remember the road rules though :LOL: . I've had my Jolie for 6 days now, so reliable...
  7. But..do u have a Car P licence?
  8. Naw mine's a full fledge car license, but, I just don't want to drive, instead I bought a scoot & I've been enjoying the ride. I'm sure you can go with only a P if I were you though I'll give the transport department registrar a ring. I did.
  9. heard that if i get the L drivers licence for motorcycle,
    then i get ride a 50cc scooter in adelaide
    is that true?
  10. mate if you get a motorcycle learners permit you can ride whatever you want as long as it meats the "LAMs" requirements. That means you can get a motorcycle (or stick with a small scooter).

    To get your motorcycle learners permit you would need to do the appropriate course and theory tests. I think in SA its called the "Ride Safe" course.

    If i were you, I'd go and get the motorcycle learners permit and then you can ride a scooter that is bigger than 50cc.
  11. why would you want anything bigger than 50cc of pure power! 4hp repra! haha