Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

50cc Registration Fees in Victoria?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Sage, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Hi all.. Long time reader first time poster :)

i have heard a rumour that bikes/scooters under 50cc can be registered cheap in VIC? If so are 125cc's cheaper as well?

Can anyone confirm please?

2. I know this doesnt answer your question, but purely from the licensing perspective - in Vic you need a bike license no matter what you ride, so I cant see why anyone would bother with a 50.
  3. i am only looking for comuting to and from the city.. All 60, 50 zones.

As for riding a 50.. i ask cause i have been told its the difference between $80 and $560 a year in registration.

Can anyone confirm?
  4. my 250 only costs a tad over 300 to register, I couldn't see a 50cc being much cheaper than that.
  5. TAC fees for 60cc or below $62
    TAC fees for 61cc to 125cc $242
    TAC fees for 126cc to 500cc $320

They are for the most expensive locations. Country is a little cheaper. And you don't pay the levy for 125cc or below. Fairly significant differences there.
  6. OK so there is a bit of difference but say the saving is $200 per year. Thats $3.80 per week :) so you'd be better off having the bigger bike and just having one less coffee each week to cover the extra licensing costs.