Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

50+ and first bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by aztec, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Hi All, first time on a bike was as a passenger when I was only 7, my 17 year old sister picked me up from a bus stop and took me home. I had no protective gear at all!!! Loved the experience and ever since then wanted a motorcycle. Unfortunately my sister was killed a few months later in an accident so for 45 years I buried the desire to ride. Late last year I decided to face the fears and refused to listen to those trying to talk me out of it (which included bringing the wife to tears)and went ahead and got my Ls and then bought my first bike, a Ducati Monster 659. Been riding now for about 4 months and looking forward to getting my full license and riding for many years.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Well done! And welcome.
  3. Welcome to NR aztecaztec

nice bike BTW
  4. Welcome mate :cool:
  5. Well done mate, nice learner bike there. I was 40 when I got my license. No matter how many crashes I have I just keep getting back on and riding. It's awesome.
  6. Hi and welcome aztec.

Hills district ain't too far from me in Beecroft, so if you get to ride on weekdays, and want someone to ride with, gimme a shout.

I don't mind riding with youngish learners.;)
  7. Welcome aboard :) congrats on the Ls and the bike :)
  8. Thanks all, basejumperbasejumper, I plan on having no accidents, but not stupid enough to think that I won't :confused: CrazyCamCrazyCam, unfortunately weekdays are out for me.
  9. Welcome Aztec - correct choice of bike if I may say so. btw, that blank box above your name is where these young computer savvy folk put what is called an avatar.
  10. Yep, I know about avatars, trying to decide what to put. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Please note my .sig aztec.

It's not just me that might indulge in a wee bit of sarcasm.
  12. Can't go wrong with a pic of your bike - especially, when it's a duc!
  13. you not thinking of me
  14. Welcome Aztec, your adventures have just begun. I am a new rider still on my L's and I can tell you that your enthusiasm about riding is very contagious amongst your mates and soon enough they will be jealous and be looking at bikes too.
    Your wife will come round......mine did.
  15. Welcome to NR aztecaztec

Enjoy your bike... And remember.. Practice, practice and practice a bit more.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 50+ is a great age :D
  17. Welcome to NetRider! We're a friendly bunch.
  18. Welcome, you've done well getting on the bike, now for the fun part.
  19. 50 minus is better
  20. Been there done that :p
    • Like Like x 1