Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

5 Years in the making!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Ezyrider79, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Had my first 'real' ride this morning after five years without a trusty steed.

Headed out of the Bay and down to a place called Biggendon or more importantly Paradise Dam. Appx 160kms or there abouts.

After a miserable down pour in the previous days the skies opened up to reveal a light blue backdrop coupled to a lusch green country side, it just had that feeling of perfection.:angel:

I was a little hesitant at first as my previous ride, an 03' R1, seemed a little more potent. The current ride, 05 R1, didn't seem like the ball tearing wheelstand machine I was previously familiar with. Boy was I wrong :D

From the first crack of the throttle and with a little manipulation looking at the sky was taking on that all too familiar feeling. It's amazing how much this bike has changed from 03 to 05. You don't have to fight to keep the front wheel on the ground and the (forgive me if use the incorrect terminology) tank slap through corners has gone. Not to mention the comfort of ride. I'm 6'7" and I'm perfectly comfortable :eek:

I could go on for ages (not that I haven't already :blah:) but I had to share that feeling we all seem have when you remind yourself just how alive you feel.

I have attached some photos which should explain why it was a great ride.

Oh and I didn't forget photos of the dam the camera battery went flat ](*,)

Attached Files:

2. so if u get pulled over for doing 150kph over the speed limit, can u tell the copper that i was riding to suit the conditions? :)
  3. Hey "Origami Man"

6'7" and you can fold up onto an R1? I AM impressed. :):):)
  4. Haha... Hey where do all these tall guys hang out? o_O

Glad you had a good ride and enjoyed yourself!
  5. Mmm.. I think it would be little more along the lines of "Good morning officer - Shall I grab the large dild@ or the extra large dild@ :bannanabutt:

Devocha - Minigolf :-$
  6. good to see that you turned your Ventura bag inwards, maybe that's why the bike was a bit more reluctant to wheelstand :LOL:.