Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

5 days around vic

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by jasonw, Feb 7, 2007.

1. gday i posted this a while ago but some of my group were a bit shy when it came to sharing with strangers.
    i lived in omeo for about 4 months and travelled the road from omeo to bairnsdale a bit so when i got home i said to my brother inlaw we have to ride this road and this is what i came up with
    day1 meet at traralgon from there its heyfield, meerlieu, bairnsdale, bruthen, omeo and on to anglers rest for the night. (most are from sth gippsland hence the starting point)
    day2 back through omeo then mt hotham, germantown, tawonga, albury, ettamoga pub, corowa and bundalong for the night.
    day3 head down through shepparton, bendigo,st arnaud and stawell for the night.
    day4 through halls gap, dunkeld, warrnambool and on to apollo bay for the night.
    day5 head home from here through lorne up to queenscliff to catch the ferry across to sorrento then cut accross the penninsula to home
    get out the map and have a look it should be a great ride i have aimed for 5 1/2 to 6 hours of riding a day.
    if someone wants to join us (organise your own acomadation) or catch up anywhere along the way feel free to give us a ring i can give details of where we r staying (or eating and drinking) 0422 435 868 jason
    i have just brought a bullit cam to mount to the bike or helmet so hopefully i can post some footage and photos

dates could be handy
    starting wed 21st feb
    finish wed 25th feb

2. Bugger - sounds like a great trip jason but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. Have a good time though. :)
  3. picked up the hire bike today its a yamaha mt01 i ordered an fz1 but someone else took it (not sure what happened) we have a couple cancell :( so now our numbers are 11 should be fun still :)
    we will be at
    ettamoga pub for late lunch thur 22nd
    bunderlong tavern 6.30 thur 22nd
    rising sun hotel bendigo lunch fri 23rd
    the town hall hotel stawell 6.30 fri 23rd
    if anybody want to say hello