Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

4000km Service

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Joff, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Hi,

just a question on behalf of my brother.

He has a 2004 Hyosung GV Aquila 250 and its due for its 4,000km service. He had a qoute from A1 (as its still under warranty) for around the $300 mark.

He is on a budget, so just wondering what you guys reckon he could do himself obviously oil change, but what else?

Also what do you reckon he should be paying for this service?
  2. take a look in the mechanics, retailers, and dealers section and you'll see some testimonials from netrider members re. good mechanics, $300 sounds like a load of $*@! to me considering barely anything will need to be done and it's a 250.
  3. That sounds about right.....for A1 that is !

It's usually only an oil change (not even oil-filter) and general check over. Check your owners manual/ warranty booklet for details for what exactly is required.
    It should have a schedule there somewhere...
    All that shouldn't be more than 1hr. work plus oil, generously $100?
  4. OK - advice then please
    Is it better to get bike serviced where you purchasesd it from (has mixed 2nd hand brands) - or a place that deals only in that particular bike ie: Honda, Suzuki etc? Mines up for its 20,000km one?
  5. Best is a place that knows what they're doing...
    Most bikes have 6000km intervalls (yeah, I know about BM's and some Trumpys/ whatever...), yours might be overdue or still a few 1000km off then.
    Doesn't matter who sells what brand, or if they sell any bikes at all, some good repairers/ servicers get mentioned over and over in here.
    At around the 18/24k service the VTR should be up for valve-clearances, too, I guess?
  6. Thanks Pete,
    it was done at 15,000 when I bought it - new chain & back tyre. Was told leave it for another 5,000. I know it needs a new front tyre & clutch lever (is only a little bent!!). Maybe PM me your recommendations of someone local?

7. sounds like a lot :shock:

i just had the 12,000 done on my VTR and all up (rear brake pad, oil filter, air filter and oil change and a new spring for the sidestand) was $195.00 :D
  8. get him to come along to spanner day and he can do it all himself :D

(seems an usual decision to get a brand new 250 if he's on a budget though)
  9. its a hyosung, it cost less than a second hand jap bike :wink: :LOL:
  10. Jeffrey's Honda/ FTG
    Eric at Mojo Cycles in FTG (open 12-5.30/ Sat 9-3)