Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

40 yr old virgin gets to first base

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by littleal, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Hi all,THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN, has finnally{waiting for a vacany to my pre learners }booked in to do my course.
    It's going to happen on 30/06/07.
    Waiting with great anticaption. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

2. Congratulations - you shouldn't regret it (just listen to the instructors). Have now been riding a few weeks and really enjoying it (and looking forward to enjoying it more in the summer!).

Got an old Cb250 to get me up and running - and again, really impressed - my low speed manouevering has really come on leaps and bounds which is what we will need for the next stage.

Hope all goes well for you!
  3. Was a bit worried when I read the heading of this thread. :roll:

But great to hear you've finally made the right decision and chosen 2 wheels! :LOL:
  4. Good on ya mate, hopefully you can bust that cherry :shock:

It's ok man, I HATE them damn CAPTIONS too! :p
  5. tks folks ;
    only 5 more sleeps.

cheers al :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  6. Good luck man its nothing to stress over. Just have an open mind and you'll get your permit remember to enjoy yourself
  7. One day down.
    day two is here.

Its all good

cheers al
  8. I am a 43 year old virgin and do my course on Thursday. Did you pass and how was it, is it a good couple of days.
  9. YES I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it was a good couple of days.
    It can be alot to take in,but i found that being the age you are,you should know the roadcraft section anyway,it just really common sense when you think about it.
    The other stuff about riding & control of the bike,just listen to what they say & do it, don't think to much about it , if you have a problem just ask.
    All iam saying is don't read toom much into it & confuse yourself.

All in all it easy..

CHEERS al
  10. Well I found it so hard. I was in a beginners course and could not get the evasive action putting pressure on the bars where you want to go. Confused the hell out of me. But failed the test with the slow riding could not keep straight up. Ps held my licence for 27 years never ridden a bike and maybe never want to again
  11. Hugbear - sorry to hear about your difficulty - at first I found the low speed craft was very difficult but have improved considerably in the last few weeks. I nearly cocked-up my L's test (nervous - at my age!) and initially felt very wary of the next step, but am now really enjoying riding (at my own pace, in a variety of conditions) and strongly reccommend you perservere for a little longer.

You only get out of life what you put in - and it's been great fun learning a new skill which can also be very rewarding and enjoyable - and it's all down to you and set at your own pace.
  12. Thanks littleal I passed as well and having a ball cruising around the central west. Bit cold though.
    Stick with it hugbear, the slow stuff is difficult at first but I found the more I could relax the better I went.
    Don't give up.
  13. Well Done chris4wally.

my next hurdle is getting the time to book in for my learners test!!!!
    Ive got 2months and 2weeks to do it!!!!
    i have downloaded the link to the rta web site for the practice questions.
    let me know if you need it and i will post on .

cheers little al :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  14. Thanks for that but I don't have as much patience as some :roll: . I did the DKT last Friday at 4pm. Finished the pre learners at 11:30 and hightailed it back to the RTA in Orange with half an hour to spare. I got 100% it's not to hard for us older guys, especially after doing the practice a few times. Riding for a few days now and loving it.
    Good luck with it.
  15. I am a former Newcastle boy myself and would love to be riding around in barmy Newy but you get used to the 5o days here with the right gear.
  16. just doing mine this weekend, and wat can i say? yesterday, from as simple as doing the big circles around, left then right, i couldnt wipe the smile off my face for the rest of the evening! ahhhh so this is what its all about~!
  17. well folks the forty year old virgin has got to home base(age now 41);
    I PASSED THE MOST TEST YESTERDAY :grin: :cool: :LOL: :shock: :grin: :grin: :cool: :cool: :LOL: :LOL: now the search begins for the next bike!
    it will take just as much time :) :) :) :) :)
    cheers little al
  18. Well done mate!!!
    I passed my MOST in Newey last month, rained all day and freezing but passed it so who cares!! :grin:
    Why not come out for a ride with Central Coast Sports Bike Riders www.ccsbr.net ? At least half the riders are from Newey or the Hunter.
    Might see you on a ride?