Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

38 years old today

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ljiljan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. 38 is a number which is really quite insignificant in the scheme of things, however on the on 10/03/1973, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon. It was in the charts for a total of 741 weeks, a mammoth 14 years, and it's still one of the best albums ever written.

2. I remember that :p
  3. should i alert my pink floyd crazy mate to this?
  4. Dark Side of the Moon also had it's own record processing factory in Germany where it was the only album produced!

Shine on Pink Floyd :D :D :D

(Thanks Hols ;) )
  5. #5 minglis, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Awesome. Spent many a moment spinning out to this album in my youth.
  6. happy birthday lilley
  7. :LOL: The perils of NOT READING the original post :LOL:
  8. bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! love it!
  9. A true classic album. Couple it with Wish You Were Here two years later and you would struggle to find two better consecutive albums by the one artist/band.
  10. most Moody Blues fans would say that seven in a row is pretty impressive too :p
  11. Oh, hang on. Except maybe Radiohead's The Bends and OK Computer. And any two of Rubber Soul/Revolver/St Pepper's.
  12. So what are we talking about here, the album or the bday lol?
  13. Sigh.
    It's been SO long since there was any good acid around...
  14. Oh i read the original post. I was surprised no one had already said it :p I don't know anything about the band or album but i still wanted to contribute :)
  15. you don't know their greatest album!?!?!?!? :eek:
  16. Seriously you don't know about this album? Or the band?

Dark Side followed by Wish You Were Here then Animals then The Wall - fantastic period of music :D

Even better if you have a collection of the bootlegged concerts as well ;)
  17. Seriously

I think you need to give your parents a stern talking to - they should have told you about this!
  18. I'm sorry but their greatest album is Wish you were here. It just is.
    Then synthesize your own. I know one person who tried. Don't know if it worked or not because the only thing he can remember after taking it is waking up in hospital.
    Not at all, just the two best thrash metal albums ever released. Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets.
  19. Yeah, because stoned people are know for their reasonable purchasing decisions