Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

36mm socket 1/2 drive

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by nic, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Misread the service manual and after pulling all the covers reliased the front sprocket is held by a 36mm bolt, of course the biggest I have is 32mm.

All the places I found want to sell me a set for $$$$, all I need is one socket

Any one know where I could find one, tried a few trade tool places not much help

2. Try a bike shop.
    Chances of them having a tool to remove a front sprocket would be pretty high.
  3. go to your local second hand thrifty shop you might find 1 in a box out the back. lots of single tools in those type of shops
  4. Supercheap Auto sell individual sockets. :)
  5. Ring the SNAP ON man...he will bring his lil van around and you can browse til your hearts content :LOL:
    might cost a bit......
    snap on tools are not cheap..but I love them :oops:

I wanna marry a snap on tool man!!! :oops: :p :p
  6. Repco and Total Tools/Alltools
    sell ½" drive sockets up to about 41mm
    try them...

7. Total Tools seem to sell some specialty items on their own.
  8. thrifty link are the go!

they can get u in a supercraft single socket, bout $8
    take em about a week if they dont have one in stock.
    all my sockets are supercraft and they quality is excellent for the price.
    and theyre top blokes at thrifty link.
    top blokes :wink:
  9. Wow, so many replies in so little time, thanks.

I'll give repco a call in the morning, there is one not to far away from home
    and then work from there

10. supercheap .............. and about 6 bucks ... i got one there a month ago
  11. Got mine from Trade tools (might be Qld only though) also try glenfords. Got a 36mm socket and 1/2 breaker bar for under $30. make usre its a good quality one, as you will be putting alot of load through it, and the last thing you want is to round off the nut
  12. Much as I hate the place for it's prices(sure we are cheap, when we first open the new store, then after we drive all the little hardware stores around us broke, up go our prices), Bunnings usually has a good range of sockets. If you are stuck on a weekend, they are open too.

Regards, Andrew.
  13. Found one at Bunnings. Can't be that hard to find.
  14. The nut that holds the rear axle on 2001-2003 GSXR-600's is also 36mm.

I tried Repco, Supercheap, Mitre10 Hardware and ended up settling for a shifter spanner that *just* opens to 36mm :)
  15. To end the saga, I got repco to order the socket in $16 unfortunately it was 3/4 inch drive so had to get a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch at Just tools $20.

It ended up been expensive, but the socket and adaptor are both pro quality and I've got then now.

My only problem was that the bike was half pulled apart and I needed it so didn't have too much time to waste.

I found a guy on ebay that would sell a 36mm 1/2 inch drive for a few bucks, he was in geelong so I had to add another $4 for postage.

Next time I would check ebay first.

dodgy: thanks for the offer.
  16. Because If the man is no good
    I can snap his tool off
    And take the tool home
    And leave the man behind :LOL: