Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

36% off draggins (if your lucky)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by nobby, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Don't know if this will work twice, but my son went into Draggin Jeans in Wells St, Melb. today to buy a pair traffics,
    they retail new at $235, and seconds for $180, (if they have your size)
    he told them he only had $150 and he got the traffics.

Good Luck

2. Yep it works on all kinds of things, my son James was shopping for clothes on the weekend

Selected $190 worth put them on the counter and said I have $140 cash, Bloke said no it's $190,
    James said no I'm only 15 and I only have $140,
    James walked out,
    Bloke said stop come back,
    James saved $50!

Sometimes you just have to ask, oh he had his birthday money $200 on him!
  3. doesn't that just make an ofarc proud!
    such a wise head on young shoulders. :p

Not that I sanction ripping people off, but from all the tales of woe I hear from friends who work, or have worked, in retail, the buggers can afford to drop $50 on a $190 sale and still make a big profit.

Yesterday there was a young guy showing two women how to setup and use a new PoS system, they were talking 3 figure mark ups without even a blush :shock: the smallest margin I heard all day was 40%... bloody hell, I'm in the wrong job.
  4. Young James wasn't ripping anybody off. Just negotiating (and very effectively, too).

No-one forced the retailer to sell him the goods at that price.
  5. As I have always told him, first you get the money then you get the power :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: