Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

32/Male/Brisbane,Inner North/DRZ400SM/N00b

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by vicj0r, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Hi guys, just introducing myself after lurking and enjoying the chat and "commentary" for a week or two.

What finally made me get my Q-ride licence and start saving for a bike, was walking past a Ducati Monster everyday after enduring my daily morning train commute. It eventually wore down any crazy ideas I had that motorbikes weren't for me.

I just bought a black DRZ400SM. I didn't really know what kind of bike I wanted but my inner 12 year old did.

BTW just had some feelings I didn't really expect to have ... I really love my new bike but every now and then I have this thought that it would be great to have another one.

Don't really know anyone that rides at the momment but I'm sure that will change soon.

See you around.

---
    vicjor

2. Congrats on the new bike and welcome to Netrider!
    I had alot of fun test riding a DRZ400SM, so i'm sure you'll love riding it every day.

Yes, completely normal wanting to have more than one bike. If symptoms persist i recommend seeing your local bike dealer. :wink:

3. Woohoo! Psycho bike!

I'd love a crack on one of those wee Suzie supermotards. They look like a reasonably good balance between the practical and the totally fcuking mental.

Wheeliewheeliestoppiewheeliestoppie....

4. Yah those things look like serious fun!

Congrats on making a totally not sensible bike choice :)

5. Congrats, jor! Welcome to our world ;)
    I want another bike too - bigger...NOW!

6. Hi vicj0r, welcome. Nice choice of bike! Looks like a lot of fun. :)

7. Gyday vicj0r and welcome to the forums. I've seen some crazy stuff done on those DZR's and they look to be a pretty crazy piece of machinery.

There are group rides on in Brisbane pretty regularly; in fact the pink ribbon ride is this Sunday which I'll be going to if work doesn't get in the way.

I'm very busy with university at the moment but in about 3 weeks time I'll be on summer holidays and some serious riding is to be had! Let us know if you’re keen.

Cheers,
    Matt

8. Welcome vicj0r :grin:

9. Welcome to the Psycho ward :grin:

10. grats on a nice moto!
    PM me when you're up for a weekend spin... I'm out in the mountains at least once a fortnight :)

11. mmmmm motard, cool bike and g'day

12. Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah I would be up for a ride in the mountains even though I doubt that is my bikes natural environment. (Damn I need a second bike!)

I did get to jet around an empty part of a multilevel carpark the other day and my bike loved the tight corners and the transitions going up and down the ramps. I just had to duck under the odd ceiling pipe.

I haven't taken it over any "sweet jumps" yet. :)

13. Welcome the clan, vic, we're going to get along just fine :grin:

14. you rang?.... oh wait... WELCOME TO THE NEW GUY!!!!! oh vic if you down as far as say surfers give me a pm and we will meet up and go for a little ride...

15. *Update from this N00B*

I was riding about two weeks ago and the engine was making a funny noise, so I pulled into a shopping centre carpark to have closer look and thats when I thought ... I haven't tried any serious wheelies yet.

This closeup picture shows some of the minor damage my lovely bike sustained during an experimental test for the balance point not more than ten minutes later.

301768159_34c65fafbc.

I wasn't hurt but my bike didn't have sliders or case covers at the time so it was hurt more than it should have been. :-(

My bike has pprotection now, so when my hands heal (damn rollerblades ... hmm ATGATT) ... I will try wheelies again.

The balance point I might leave for a few weeks though.

Also I'm keen for rides well suited to my bike. Nothing over 100kph and hopefully some tighties as well as twisties. :)