Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

30-40 km/h over speed limit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by droy333, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Hi Guys,

Havent posted in a while but my latest little fit is about other fellow bikers.

I often sit on the pacific motorway down the gold coast here. Doing the average 10 KPH over the speed limit like nearly every other motorist.

What I don't get is, often there will be guys on bikes flying past me doing 130-140 kph. Isnt 10 kph over the speed limit enough you have to speed and weave in and out the traffic sometimes constantly riding on the middle line with no care in the world.

Getting home or to work late is no excuse. Believe it or not your boss would prefer you alive and late than dead.

Please smarten up. If you wanna race/go fast get on a track.

Cheers,
    Troy.

2. if only there were race tracks built for us between home and work :LOL:

3. or a specific motorbike lane for our safety. So many idiots get too close for comfort.

Dont get me wrong I like speed but do it on a daily basis and something will go wrong.

4. something will go wrong if you keep riding

5. If I'm too fast get out of the way. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

6. a better solution would be to bury all the cars and trucks, and leave all the surface roads for all 2 wheelers. You could even have a bicycle lane, a scooter lane and a bike lane ;)

7. holy disappearing posts batman!

8. :(

9. Someones gone and interfered with my Post Subject. Something against the word squid around here huh?

Ive also notice a rather lurking presence of moderators. Quite off putting at times. Relax people :-O

10. mm trucks are terrible.

Scooters annoy me more. People shouldnt buy scooters if they have to travel in 60 kph+ zones at any part of their journey. They are forced to the side of the road and brings down the respect (by respect, I mean respect of space on the road) of bikers who can actually keep up with the traffic in any situation.

Thats my opinion anyway, being that I started this thread I'm entitled to it.

11. I don't know about where you are, but on the F3 the average speed is 130kmh

12. Not only are true netriders not allowed to be squids, regardless of the temperature or the distance they intend to ride. The mere mention of them cause some here to start lathering and going into a frenzy :p

13. Woe betide the man or woman who advocates wearing anything but ATTGATT.

I am the safety nazi, you must do as I say. :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

14. It's something against "flamebait" threads/posts more like it. "Squids" in motorcycle terms is usually about riders who don't wear (much) gear, not much (nothing?) to do with speeders :grin:

15. Can i be your spunky sidekick?? i can be rooting man!!!

Rooting for the safety of all bikers.

16. it happens everywhere it seems , i got done last year & lost my brief for 6 mths . i am now carefull , not to lose my brief again ..

17. 'Squids' has a specific meaning here that is not the same as its use everywhere else.

18. Found it

"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead"

Quite funny really.

19. 30-40 over. Bunch of pussies.

[Yorkshire drawl]
    When I was a lad, I'd wake up 2 hours before I went to sleep, take off all mah clothes so they wouldnt get wet in tha blizzard, and ride nekkid at 200mph on me fookin GSXR
    [/end Yorkshire drawl]

20.  Top