Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

3 KTM Adventures in Melbourne today

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Org, Oct 3, 2007.

1. On the ride home tonight I caught up with 3 KTM Adventures (I Think thats what you call them, the big V twin bikes) on Burwood Rd

I had a brief chat to one of the riders at the lights, from what I could gather, they started riding from the bottom of Tasmania and are headed up Cape York.

They looked very serious, the bikes were all very well kitted out, a professional looking effort.

I was wondering if anyone knows anymore about these guys? Anyone know them or if there is a story behind them?

2. Yeh I saw them in Elizabeth St on Monday, they were dressed pretty much the same too, looked funny in the city :)

3. They looked a bit out of place in peak hour traffic on Burwood Hwy as well!

They had wide panniers, so they certainly werent doing any lane splitting

They were all dressed very similar, and they had the same bikes with all the same gear on them,

It just looked too organised for a group of mates going touring

4. I think I saw them last night too - getting off at the Toorak Rd exit about 5:30 pm on the Monash all kitted up. Looked like they were on a mission to somewhere!

5. That would have been them, I saw them up Burwood Rd a bit after 5:30

and thanks bonox for the info