Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

3 down at Healesville over the weekend

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Knightrider, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Anyone heard about 3 motorcyclists being killed near Healesville on the weekend?

Caught the news bulletin this morning, but didn't give much detail.....

2. I'm not sure, but I think it was 3 riders killed in Victoria this last weekend, with the latest one at Healesville. The first was Friday night at Werribee.
    Doesn't make it any better :( , but I don't think it was a single incident or all in the same locality. The spokesperson on the radio made a point that they were all unique circumstances with nothing particularly in common.
  3. i am still here so it was not me.

4. Thank god!! i was worried about you :roll:
  5. good to see someone cares :D :D :D
  6. Simple maths:

Weekend Warriors + Fine weather weekend = Riders Down.

It's so easy for your deck of cards to fall the wrong way these days.
  7. I understand one of these 3 was a mid 20's rider from Richmond on an R6. Apparently crossed lane into an oncoming car near Lavers Hill yesterday around mid afternoon.

Commisserations to friends and family of these 3 riders.

Please be careful out there people .. better to take it a little easier and enjoy it over and over again :)
  8. Don't forget, Grand Final weekend means dickheads driving drunk. My bike went no-where on Saturday. :wink:

Mind you, I have no idea of the accident circumstances.
  9. 30 + yr old man from werribee was killed on geelong rd friday night.

regardless who it is and all the assumptions and inuendo of what was the cause for the deaths , they still us deaths
    so lets show a little respect.
  10. :shock: I meant nothing short of the upmost respect to the riders at all times.

I was simply pointing out a potential Hazard of the weekend. I never suggested they might have been drinking, rather other road users.
  11. I agree with you seany about grandfinal weekend, no problems there mate. :)
    The point i was trying to make was this could be a friend or mate of someone here and they may not be aware of it yet as they havent released names of the riders.
    last thing people want is to see comments like PVDA's when they might not reflect the situation especially when it may or could be a friend involved.

12. This is why I'm so opposed to these rider killed posts.
    Unless it's someone we know or a fellow netrider best not to speculate.
  13. I can attest to that. Had similar assertions cast about a mates death recently. Fase, but upsetting nontheless.
  14. Actually, He was killed when a car pulled out in front of him on Old Geelong Road, Hoppers Crossing, opposite Ray's Outdoors.
    Judging from the scrape marks, and the bunch of flowers, it appears that he slid along the road, mounted the gutter and hit a tree.

I was speaking to a mechanic that knew the 24 year old rider.

Condolences to all :(
  15. you cant trust the media to get it right that is for sure .

Condolences to all
  16. What did the media say about it?
  17. 30 + yr old man from werribee was killed on geelong rd friday night.